Saturday, February 26, 2011

Turbulance

Most of the time I talk to people because I want to. But sometimes, I talk to people because I have to.

Such was the case tonight on an airplane from Utah to California. I get nervous during turbulant flights because of a bad experience I had a couple of years ago. And it helps me to talk to somebody and tell them how airplane flight works (if you are ever bored on day on the internet, I suggest you look up "Bernoulli's Principle." Fascinating).

Tonight was one of those flights, so I turned to the second-grade girl sitting next to me flippling through a Justin Bieber magazine.

"Excuse me, can I ask you a favor? I get really nervous when it's bumpy...can I talk to you?"

She took off her headphones and nodded her consent. I told her all about how an airplane flies, which didn't impress her much. Then she told me about herself. It turns out she loves Justin Bieber and can sing all his songs by heart. Her favorite is "Baby."

Her favorite subject is math, but when she grows up she wants to be an artist because she loves to draw. It was hard on her during this vacation becuase the family only brought one pen, so she had to share it with her brother.

This weekend was her first time skiing! She was getting off the chairlift on her first day, and the best way to stop is to do the pizza move with your skis, which I guess means you twist your skis into a pizza slice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please be considerate to others, and don't use profanity of any kind. It's bad karma.