Friday, May 7, 2010

Bob The Builder

Today I went off the beaten path...literally. I stepped into a construction site. There was a worker there throwing large stones across the path, about sixty years old.

"Well, you look like you're having a good time!" I said.

"Sure am...how are you?"

"I'm doing okay," I replied.

"Well, that's your own fault!" He laughed.

"Whatcha doin?"

"Oh, just playin' in the dirt!"

I asked this happy man why he was a construction worker. He told me that when he was a little kid, he loved to play in the dirt, so working in construction was just a natural progression of what he'd always loved to do.

I shook his dusty hand, and hoped that someday I, too, can make a happy living by playin' in the dirt. Whatever "dirt" may be for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please be considerate to others, and don't use profanity of any kind. It's bad karma.