Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Mr. Small World

It's amazing how small the worlds gets when you talk to people around you. Consider this conversation I had today with a guy I met at a travel center.

"I'm from Huntington Beach," I responded to his question.

"Huntington Beach??? I proposed to my wife at Huntington Beach about 30 years ago!" he said surprised. "I was living up in Washington, and was going to propose to fly her out to Virginia Beach to propose. But, at the last minute, there was a massive storm...so I said 'How about we spend the weekend in California?' She loves the beach, so we were laying there on the sand and I asked her to marry me!"

Then, a woman in the office looked over.

"Did you say you were from Huntington Beach? I'm from Laguna!" she asked.

"Oh my gosh...I used to date a girl from Laguna! Her name was Sarah ____!"

Her eyes got wide. "I know her and her family!"

Three people...one building...a storm...a connection 30 years in the making. How amazing is that?

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! Please be considerate to others, and don't use profanity of any kind. It's bad karma.