Sunday, May 23, 2010

Mr. Airport Shuttler

I knew it was going to be a busy day today what with church, dinner at my aunt's house, and the massive four-hour series finale of "LOST." So I got out meeting people early. I took my dog out for a walk, and spotted a guy combing his hair as he walked to his car.

"Don't worry man, your hair looks great!"

He just smiled. I could tell he probably didn't speak much English. It looked like he had just gotten out of bed. Then I saw his car: an airport shuttle van. I asked him how business was going.

"Good!" he said. "I'm running 24 hours a day."

He hadn't just gotten out of bed...he had just gotten in bed. I can't imagine working 24 hours a day, sleeping only when you can.

After meeting him, I don't just enjoy my 7-8 hours of sleep per night...I'm thankful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please be considerate to others, and don't use profanity of any kind. It's bad karma.