Saturday, May 29, 2010

Sailing Seniors

I went to a department store with my wife because she needed to return some things. Usually, if I know my wife is going to take a while at the register, I will start a conversation with the people behind me. After a couple of minutes of talking, we become friends, so they aren't mad when the cashier takes forever. Today I looked at the couple behind us and said to the guy:

"Is your wife making you lug everything around today like I am?"

He laughed. "I didn't want to come. But she made me to pick out these shirts. I guess I owe her for living with me on a sailboat for two years."

Hahaha...what?

"My wife and I spent two years living on a sailboat, just sailing up the East Coast. We started in Florida and headed north."

"So, what brings a couple of sailors to the mountains?" I asked.

The woman perked up. "Well, I was born and raised here...he convinced me to go sailing for two years, so we lived on the boat for two years and one month. Then, when we were done, he owed me a favor, so I said, 'Honey, I want to live in a house, and I want it to be by the mountains.' So we bought a house here."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please be considerate to others, and don't use profanity of any kind. It's bad karma.